Temporary (Non-Immigrant) Visas

A Temporary Visa (also called a non-immigrant visa) allows foreigners to stay in the United States on a temporary basis. U.S. embassies or consulates abroad review visa applications and grant visas, as does the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), which is a bureau in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Foreign nationals and U.S. businesses must submit temporary visa petitions to the proper agency based on specific visa requirements. A variety of non-immigrant visas are available. Common visas include the following:

Temporary Visas for Business or Pleasure

  • Business B-1 Visitor Visa
  • Visitor for Pleasure B-2 Visa
  • Visa Waiver Program

Student Visas

  • Student Visas and Employment

Temporary Workers

  • Specialty Workers H-1B Visa
  • Agricultural H-2A and Non-Agricultural H-2B Worker Visas
  • Exchange Visitors J Visas Fiancé(e) K-1 Visa

Spouse K-3 or Child K-4 of U.S. Citizen Visas

Religious Workers R-1 Visa

Intracompany Transferees L-1 Visa

Extraordinary Ability or Achievement O-1 Visa

Athletes, Artists, and Entertainers P Visas

  • Athlete’s P-1A Visa
  • Entertainment Group P-1B Visa
  • Exchange Group Performers P-2 Visa
  • Culturally Unique Artists or Entertainers P-3 Visa

The visa type specifies the activities in which the person may engage while staying in the United States, such as work, study, performance arts, etc. Generally, one visa may apply to multiple visits over an indicated time period.

Arrange a consultation today with the Frager Law Firm.

Frequently changing immigration laws make it wise to seek legal advice when applying for a visa. If you are an individual or employer with temporary visa concerns, arrange a consultation to discuss your concerns with one of our attorneys.