Immigration Bonds

Habeas Corpus and Mandamus Actions

When facing criminal charges as an immigrant, it is important to know and understand your rights. In addition a to possible criminal conviction, you may be at risk of deportation. Through ignorance of their rights and as a means to immediately gett out of jail, many immigrants agree to plea bargains that have devastating effects on their ability to stay in the United States with their families.

Immigration Bonds

The Frager Law Firm helps immigrant clients post immigration bonds for jail release. Reuniting with your family while legal actions are pending allows you to deal with your criminal case and still financially provide for your families needs.

Immigration bail bonds are cash bonds paid directly to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or the Immigration Court. Such bonds guarantee appearance at Immigration Court proceedings and compliance with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) obligations. Unless the immigrant fails to meet DHS obligations, once deportation or removal proceedings are over, the bond money is returned to the party securing the cash bond.

Habeas Corpus

A writ of habeas corpus petitions courts to determine whether unlawful detainment occurred. U.S. constitutional law provides people in the United States with freedom from unlawful imprisonment. Through the use of habeas corpus, our lawyers provide strong advocacy for immigrants in the criminal justice system.

Emergency legal help

The Frager Law Firm maintains a 24-hour answering service so staff members can be located and given the opportunity to assist you. If you, a relative, or someone close to you has been arrested during evening or weekend hours, call 901-763-3180 right away. Tell the operator you will wait on the line until a staff member is located.

We do our best to provide immediate legal help at the time of the emergency, whether during regular office hours or evenings and weekends. Our legal professionals can determine whether bail bond release and habeas corpus are options.

Consult with the Frager Law Firm.