The Frager Sutton Haupt Law Firm, PLLC
Memphis, TN Office
Phone: 901-763-3188
Nashville, TN Office
Phone: 615-366-1000

Main Menu
Para Espa˝ol

Legal Services

Office Hours
Monday thru Friday 9AM - 5PM

After Hours and Weekends
Emergency Hotline 901-763-3180

FiancÚ Visas

The Frager Law Firm assists U.S. citizens engaged to marry foreign nationals with the K-1 visa petition process. A K-1 or fiancÚ visa is needed to bring a fiancÚ to the United States to marry. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) processes and approves K-1 visa petitions based on certain eligibility requirements.

FiancÚ visa requirements
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship for the person bringing the fiancÚ to the United States (birth certificate or certificate of naturalization)
  • Proof that an in-person meeting occurred with the fiancÚ during the previous two years
  • Proof that both parties are legally free to marry (are not married, are divorced, had prior marriage annulled, or are widowed)
  • Minimum income requirement (125% of the household poverty level for fiancÚ and children)
  • No criminal record for the fiancÚ
  • No U.S. immigration law violations for the fiancÚ
Other fiancÚ visa factors

Once the K-1 visa is issued and the foreign fiancÚ enters the United States, marriage must occur within 90 days. Obtaining a K-2 visa allows the foreign fiancÚ’s children under the age of 21 years to apply for U.S. entry.

Importance of hiring an immigration lawyer

Because the immigration process involves complexities and requires exact compliance with all rules and regulations, an immigration lawyer can help you avoid many obstacles that can result in delay or petition denial. There are often factors of which couples are unaware, such as strict time constraints. If the fiancÚ leaves the United States before marriage, his or her departure may result a in re-entry denial under the current visa.

Clients rely on the Frager Law Firm in a variety of ways:

  • To get answers to all their questions
  • To gain understanding of pertinent immigration procedures
  • To attach all required documentation to the petition
  • To properly fill out and file K-1 and K-2 petitions on their behalf

Our staff also assists with the application for permanent residency (green card) after the  marriage.

Arrange a consultation with the Frager Law Firm

For timely representation that effectively addresses your immigration concerns, see how we can be of service.

Home     Legal Staff     In the Media     Resource Links     FAQs     Get Directions     Contact Us

Memphis Office: 901-763-3188     Nashville Office: 615-366-1000

The Frager Law Firm is located in Memphis, TN and serves clients through out Tennessee and the United States. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented in this website should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

Get a Free Custom Website